Safe2Tell Wyoming relies on key relationships with school district staff, local law enforcement agencies and school resource officers to respond to critical, life-saving tips.
Following is a brief overview of how the Safe2Tell Wyoming tip line operates:
- Students, parents, teachers and community members can call a toll-free confidential tip line, 1-844-996-7233 and give a trained professional call taker the information; or submit their concern through a confidential online web report; or upload their concern confidentially through a free mobile app.
- Calls, web and mobile app reports are answered 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year at the Wyoming Highway Patrol communications center.
- The caller is given a code number and password to preserve confidentiality.
- Information is forwarded to a team of proper officials, designated school contacts and law enforcement, who will respond to the concern or threat.
- All valid information received through Safe2Tell Wyoming is forwarded for investigation.
- Safe2Tell Wyoming tracks the outcome of all forwarded tips through disposition reporting.