Safe2Tell Wyoming relies on key relationships with local law enforcement agencies, school resource officers and emergency responders to respond to critical, life-saving tips.
Following is a brief overview of how the Safe2Tell Wyoming bystander program operates:
- Students, parents, teachers, community members can call a toll-free anonymous tipline - 1-844-996-SAFE - and give a trained professional call taker their information, submit their concern in an anonymous online web report, or upload their concern anonymously through the Safe2Tell mobile app.
- Calls, web and mobile app reports are answered 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year at the Wyoming Highway Patrol communications center. If you need to speak to a dispatcher who may have taken a Safe2Tell report please call 800-442-9090 option #4.
- The caller is given a code number and password to preserve their anonymity.
- Caller id, web tracking and other means of identifying the reporter are not used.
- Information is forwarded to a team of proper officials, whether it’s the school team, law enforcement, or both, who will respond to the concern or threat.
- All valid information received through Safe2Tell Wyoming is forwarded for investigation, to law enforcement, schools, or both, as the severity of the situation dictates.
- Safe2Tell Wyoming tracks the outcome of all forwarded tips through required disposition reporting.
How to provide follow-up once you’ve investigated:
- If you are a patrol officer or investigator not currently assigned to a school, you may use our quick online form below to submit a disposition report from our website. Please provide the Safe2Tell Wyoming report number and date of call with the appropriate action and outcome.
Access the Online Disposition Form
- If you are a school resource officer or security officer currently assigned to a school, please complete a disposition report using your P3 login information. You will need to enter Disposition/In-Progress Notes, as well as select all applicable outcomes and trends on the right hand side.
Access the P3 system
Instructions and Information on Using P3